Please welcome our newest members to the SBA Family! Go to their websites, like them on Facebook and generally reach out and give them a warm welcome.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Ann Marie McArthur email@example.com
ABOUT CARE RECEIVES GAS CARDS FOR VOLUNTEERS
About Care, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization serving the Chandler and Gilbert areas, was chosen by the New Mexican Grill to be their nonprofit organization of the month for May. New Mexican Grill – wonderfully delicious restaurant, has 2 locations in Chandler and Gilbert. This donation is made by the employees donating a portion of their tips to About Care for gas cards! This partnership will provide About Care with funding for gas for the organization’s volunteer drivers when using their personal vehicles to transport seniors and adults with disabilities living in Chandler and Gilbert.
About Care’s Mission is to deliver caring, compassionate support services using trained volunteers with special concern for the elderly and disabled homebound residents of Chandler and Gilbert. Our goal is to encourage and enable independent living by assisting our Neighbors to continue living in their homes with self-respect and dignity and, hopefully, postpone the expense of long-term care. About Care currently serves over 300 of our neighbors in Chandler and Gilbert. The majority of our clients are economically disadvantaged elderly women who have no one to help them. Please consider helping our neighbors!
About Care Executive Director Ann Marie McArthur, stated: “About Care is extremely grateful and honored to receive this generous donation. Hopefully this will encourage individuals in our community to volunteer and help our older neighbors get to their medical appointments or just meet some basic needs. Can you imagine if your Mother or Grandmother was alone and couldn’t get to her Doctor or even pick up her prescriptions or get groceries? Services are provided 7 days a week and the volunteer can pick and choose what type of service, dates and times. If you have time this summer, please consider volunteering.”
The majority of requests to About Care for services are for transportation to medical appointments or procedures. About Care also offers transportation for shopping and errands, respite, reassurance phone calls, friendly visits, computer assistance, information & referrals and minor home repairs. The services are provided without charge by trained and insured volunteers -- compassionate, caring individuals who want to make a difference in someone’s life by offering their time.
About Care is looking for volunteers with big hearts who really want to help others. For more information or to obtain a volunteer application, visit www.aboutcare.org or call 480-802-2331. The About Care volunteers do “small things with great love that truly impact the lives of the homebound”.
- Monday to Friday Starting June 11th to August 17th 2012
- 3, 4, & 5th Grade from 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- 6, 7, 8th Grade from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Kids will improve their speed, power, strength, flexibility, and nutrition knowledge.
$40.00 per week.
- $60 if you bring a buddy ($30.00 each)
Full 10 Week program for only $300.00
- Acceleration, deceleration, linear and lateral movement techniques, running mechanics, footwork
- Olympic lifting, plyometrics, medicine ball drills, jumping and landing techniques
- Thorough instruction of functional exercises for the upper body, lower body, and core
Myofascial release (foam rolling, The Stick), various forms of stretching (PNF, active and passive methods)
- Balance and stability drills, and identification and correction of muscular imbalances
- Guidance regarding caloric intake, appropriate protein intake, supplementation and ideal food choices
Register Here: http://www.funkfitness.com/events.html
Made You Look
Marketing Strategies for SBA Members
Guided By: Facilitator: Jerry Levinson
Purpose: Develop an environment where SBA business owners can improve their business’s profitability through collaboration and the exchange of ideas and experiences with one another.
Made You Look Master Mind Group:
- Bi-monthly meetings on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 11:00am – 1:00pm at the Alliance Office
- You must be a SBA member to participate
- We will meet twice a month Thursday afternoon between 11:00 and 1:00
We are limiting this group to 12 members so don’t miss out.
First we will have a discussion about the topic at hand:
Here are some examples
1) Choosing your Target Market
2) How to use direct response offers to compel prospects to call you
3) Educate and Motivate Prospects to meet You --- When they are ready!
4) How to Uniquely Present Your Service
5) How to Deliver a Deram Come True Experience
6) How to Wow the client after the service
7) How to Nuture Lifetime Relationships
8) Orchestrate Referrals
These discussions will last 30 to 40 minutes. We will discuss one topic a month so everyone gets real clarity and they are able to take action. That’s what this group is about, taking action!
(2) 20 minute Hot Seats: This is your chance to share your challenges with everyone in the group. You will get feedback from everyone. If you are having problems with hiring or firing, payroll, marketing, selling, leasing your space, whatever the challenge is this group of professional will use their knowledge and experience to help. The greatest thing about a Hot Seat is everyone learns.
The benefit of being in a Master Mind is there is more accountability. People will expect you to do what you say you are going to do. There’s always networking when you get a group of professional entrepreneurs together. You will not only learn a lot you will take action!!!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Call to Action!
We will have our 1st Arizona Women's Conference this Saturday! Will you be there? Have you registered? If you haven't and intend to come, please do register today!
Time is running short and we need to have a great showing of our members!
We invite everyone to come to this first "signature" event of its kind, and we certainly want it to be a success. The conference is a collaboration of Business & Professional Women/AZ; American Association of University Women; Chat, Chew and Chocolate - Chandler; Phoenix Women's Commission; Zonta of the East Valley; and Scottsdale Community College.
If you haven't done it yet, look at our website www.bpwaz.org. There is an amazing line-up of women presenters, I really do mean amazing.
Did you know that Lilly Ledbetter is going to be there signing her new book "Grace and Grit", that's reason enough to come.
We are going to feed you all day, breakfast, lunch and a Pastry chef designed dessert.
Vendors selling everything from jewelry to handbags, to products to make you more beautiful, and more.
The cost is only $50 - Students 16 and up only $25! I am looking forward to seeing you all there.
Be sure to Register Today!
M. Dawn Lloyd, CFP®, CRPC®
Senior Financial Advisor
Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith, Inc.
Global Wealth Management
6402 E. Superstition Springs Blvd., Suite 114
Mesa, AZ 85206
Phone: 480-324-2913 / 800-388-6372
NMLS ID: 620411